Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March weather - Charlevoix

I thought you'd enjoy the last few days in Charlevoix.

Sunday night: Winter storm warning: 4-6 inches of snow possible

Monday morning: 14+ inches of snow on my driveway. (This snow fell from 9pm – 2am. That means it was snowing at over 2 inches per hour during these five hours.)

Two + hours of snowblowing tunnels. Try to go to work after lunch. Church and sidestreets yet to be plowed. Unable to get to work. Go to library.

Tuesday: Sunny, balmy conditions. High of 45 degrees. Lots of melting and puddles and dirty water. Need a carwash again. Spring is coming, I hope.

Wednesday: Winter weather advisory. High wind advisory. Lake Michigan Shoreline Advisory. (Now you may wonder what a Lake MI shoreline advisory is. I did, too. It means to be advised of the possibility of large chunks of ice being pushed onto the shore and damaging homes, playground equipment, docks, or anything else which may be near the shoreline.) Oh yeah, the high wind advisory warned us of 40 -60 mph winds. Temperature of 24 degrees but it feels like 6.

This very moment (8:41am on Wednesday). I can hardly see the parking lot out my window. The snow is blowing from right to left and is completely perpendicular to the ground.

It's supposed to be 50 by Sunday.

You may wonder why I share this with you. Am I looking for sympathy? No. Do I want you to see me as some rugged man who can handle these difficult conditions? No. I find it comical. It is amazing how quickly the weather can change. And as tempting as it is to complain about these conditions, it is pretty exciting. I do want winter to end and spring to come; don’t get me wrong. But God is in control; I’m not. Complaining about the weather does nothing to change it and for the most part has no positive effect.

No comments: