Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Amazing Grace

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace
(Chris Tomlin)

The grace offered by Jesus Christ through His death sets us FREE!

Our guilt is covered in grace.
Our shame is covered in grace.
Our imperfect works are covered in grace.

We are free from debilitating guilt.
We are free from crippling shame.
We are free from trying to earn God’s love.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now I’m found, was blind but now I see.

When we judge, we forget who we are.
When we seek the praise of men, we forget who we are.
When we love money and what it gets us, we forget who we are.

When we die to the one who seeks to live apart from grace, we truly live.

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride
Oh, the wonderful cross
Oh, the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die
And find that I may truly live
(The Wonderful Cross, Philips, Craig and Dean)

When we live as a receiver of grace, we become a conduit of grace. Other people experience grace when we are with them. We see them in grace as we are seen by Jesus in grace.

Yes, everything is for your sake, so that grace, as it extends to more and more people, may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 4:15

Isn’t that amazing? Where there is grace, there is thanksgiving. Where there is thanksgiving, God is glorified.

Live by grace. Live in thanksgiving. Glorify God.

No comments: